home  |  about  |   galleries  |   pricing  |   info  |   links   |   contact




December 6, 2010

Brickelle Bro



IMG_1115-bw-web

This is Brickelle
My first spotlight for "Come as You Are"
She is my niece....I love love her to pieces
She inspires with every breath she takes

Her Mom wrote why she thinks Brickelle is amazing
....
I tell my kids every day, all of us are "born with something", but few of us are born with our "trials" on the outside. Brickelle is a congenital bilateral amputee. She was born without her feet...did you get that? Brickelle likes to tell people she left her feet in Heaven to every kid that asks and they always comment with saying, "I want those legs".

We were told by a social worker at the hospital after she was born, that she will never walk, but that the world is making great strides in the area of ramps and wheelchairs. This girl has danced in three dance recitals with ballet and tap shoes, played soccer with bows in her hair, hiked to the tippy top of the world on purple legs, she has been a training video for TSA, she's been the poster child for Shriners Hospital and now a paralympic swimmer with competitive swim times, wait what? She's not supposed to be able to walk...

Our Brickelle is amazing, gorgeous, smart, obedient and kind, compassionate and has a soft spirit. We are the lucky ones for sure! Brickelle was born to teach us all how to love with compassion and unconditionally. She is extraordinary, she makes me extraordinary. Out of all the girls in the world, how did I get so lucky to be her mom?


IMG_1078-bw-web

IMG_1104-web

brickelle-5

5 comments:

Bryan & Sarah said...

WOW! Not sure I can type through the tears! I have only met Brickelle a few times but I am in awe of her every time I see her! She is amazing as are her parents and siblings! Hill- you are awesome and I LOVE this idea! Way to go!

Hillary Horman Photography said...

thanks sarah.
i feel really good about the project. still a bit nervous, but I am hoping it turns out well!!
and i mean really....how is she only 14? Brickelle is from a different world, she is incredible isnt she?
thanks for your sweet words!
xo

Jill T said...

Wow. How do you top that? Her Moms words are so sweet and capture what an amazing girl she is! I love your project idea!

Andrea said...

A-MAZING! Can't wait to see more.

Unknown said...

I teach Brickelle everyday and have to agree... she is an inspiration to me. She smiles everyday, works her tail off in class and then to find out that most of her free time is spent in the pool. She is an inspiration to me and I thank her for that and I thank you for doing this project. The pictures of her really show how beautiful she is.
Katie Rockwell